Wenger S.A. is committed to protecting the environment.
Wenger is committed to protecting the environment. Our mission is to set an example of environmental responsibility for colleagues, our consumers, customers, vendors and business partners. We will tirelessly demonstrate that sound business practices and environmental responsibility can coexist as the corporate world discovers that respecting our planet is relevant for both sustainability and a long term business model.
To minimize the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services, we will:
- Comply with all local, state and national environmental requirements.
- To the best of our ability prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimize the consumption of resources.
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Encourage environmental protection amongst suppliers and contractors.
- Actively seek out improvements to practices, processes and materials that support this Policy.
This Policy will be communicated to all relevant parties.
- Conservation by Another Name (January 27, 2011)
- Wenger Becomes the Latest Member of the Outdoor Industry’s EOG Association for Conservation (March 1, 2010)
Wenger signs the declaration of renunciation in the use of reptile skins
The SWISS ANIMAL PROTECTION organization launched a national campaign in February 2011 directed at the Swiss Watch industry, in order for brands to abandon the use of exotic leathers to make watch straps.
As a watch manufacturer, we are affected by this problem and the consequences of such practices on wildlife, particularly in Southeast Asia. Like many other companies, we have decided to sign this declaration of renunciation in order to fight against animal abuse.
More information about the swiss animal protection organization as well as this declaration can be found on the following website: http://www.animal-protection.net.